Thursday 9 October 2008

In the Begining


Only 21 days to go, but to recap...
About a year ago I found out about a rally being organized for Citroen 2cv's driving from Brussels to Benin (that's in Africa by the way) from a 2cv chum, Eleanor. I was hooked. It seemed an impossible dream but I set the wheels in motion and now somehow it looks like it's actually going to happen.
I persuaded my good friend Jason to accompany me but my good friend dropped out (happy now Jason?). So, when all else fails, rely on family. My little sister Helen agreed to come along.
We will set off from Brussels on 1st November and arrive in Benin on the 30th, after covering a distance of over 5,500 miles.
We have the car, we have the will and we have no idea what we're doing.
Importantly though, we are raising money for the War Child charity please have a look at http://www.justgiving.com/robertjohnson6.
They're a remarkable organization and it's for kids, you know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rob - just to set the record straight - your "younger" sister is actually 10 minutes older than you. Keep up the Blog. Hugh.