Thursday 6 November 2008


The first 24 hours. I have learnt a lot about Rob and the car.

1. The car leaks when it rains.
2. Rob has less baggage than me.
3. The car really really leaks when it rains heavily.
4. We each had a list of items to bring. I viewed the list in the same manner as traffic lights in London, as compulsoryinstructions. It is apparent that Rob viewed the list more like traffic lights in Marrakech, ie a vague suggestion that could be ignored.
5. Rob doesnt have a towel.
6. Rob doesnt have a plate to eat from.
7. Rob doesnt have the water carriers necessary to get us across the desert.
8. Rob doesnt have the shovel necessary to dig us out of sand dunes.
9. Rob does have one small bottle of insect repellant. Insect repellant was on my list to bring for both of us and I have many large bottles.
10. Also on my list was camp shower. I neednt have bothered. If you soap up, sit in the car and get someone to throw water at the windscreen it will be like sitting under a waterfall.
11. The car chugged and whined over the Pyrenees. I dont rate its chances over the Atlas mountains.
12. Rob has bought a good soundsystem for the car and chocolate milk for breakfast. All is forgiven. Im glad to have come. Together we will make it to the end.
Hels
ps Have just found out that Rob doesnt have a cup to drink from either.

1 comment:

dominic sankey said...

Helen, that's brilliant - rob in a nutshell - well quite a large shell and probably why you're the only one who could be that close to his boy scout approach for so long.......... best of luck