Sunday 9 November 2008

That's some bad hat Harry


"I hate wearing hats on me 'ed"

We had the afternoon and evening to spend in Marrakech and so off to the city we went. First port of call was the Hammam for a scrub and a massage, just the thing after several days on the road. After that it was off to the market to get supplies. Despite Helen's irritation at my lack of preparedness, I had a sneakin' suspicion that sub-Saharan cities might sell such things as water bottles etc. and so it was. Whodathunkit! TM 2006 MB Games Inc. Anyway, Marrakech has a fantastic market, the Souk. This is a seemingly endless labyrinthine undercover market where you can get lost for hours browsing the fantastic stalls selling amazing spices, rugs, antiques and bizarre foodstuffs. I bought a tupperware bowl.
The only item I forgot to bring that I was really missing was my hat. I eventually bargained my way into a funny looking straw number too small for my big ol head. At least we are now fully equiped. Fully armoured. Very tough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was the river